Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why I Threw Out 12 Perfectly Good Cupcakes

Yesterday I alluded to the fact I threw out the first batch of the vanilla cupcakes I made for the golf order. Some of you were probably wondering why in the world I would do that. When my mom came home and saw I had thrown them all away, she was like "Why would you do that??"

Good cupcake on left, trashed cupcake on right

I bought 1000 of these greaseproof liners online about a month ago. I like greaseproof liners because they're opaque and the cupcakes don't leave grease marks when you set them down. The down side to them though is nothing sticks to them - not even the cupcake. As soon as they come out of the oven, the cupcake immediately starts separate from the liners. This just isn't nice looking. I think I'm just cutting the other ones as a loss and going with new ones from now on.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio